Monday, April 4, 2011

Blessed with the curse of consciousness - by Seth Naicker

I am blessed with the curse of consciousness- having been immersed in the politics of struggle and the politics of hope- I am blessed with curse of consciousness regarding justice and equality that must be propelled inside our 21st century-I am blessed with curse of consciousness concerning those that are left outside the gravy train of a capitalistic democracy-

I am blessed with the curse of consciousness having been trusted by the marginalised of the margins-I am blessed with curse of consciousness to speak out against systemic injustices and intentional exclusivity of the thee other whoever thee other may be-I am blessed with the curse of consciousness for my eyes have been opened to see the pain of people whom society would rather deny-

I am blessed with the curse of consciousness that calls me to act with fierce urgency when the powers that be think they can continue to dupe and bamboozle people right out of their humanity!!! On the day that took the life of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Junior-

I am blessed with the curse of consciousness that challenges my luxuries and calls me to live life that will establish the beloved community!!

Seth Naicker
Managing Partner
indiAfrique training & development

Director
Reconciliation Diversity & International Affairs
In collaboration with Young&Able

seth@indiAfrique.co.za/seth@youngable.com

No comments: